This recipe utilizes baking rather than frying, a healthy alternative to a yummy treat! This dish can serve up to 6, and is a great option for a mid-day snack! Children can now learn while eggplants is a good source of potassium, it can also be delicious too!
Eddy Eggplant approves!
Eggplant Egg Roll
- 1 medium-sized eggplant
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon unsalted margarine, melted
- 2 whole eggs, beaten
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Plain flour to coat
- Preheat oven to 190ºC
- Half eggplant horizontally then slice the 2 halves into 0.5cm thick
- In a bowl, combine egg, margarine and herbs. Season with salt and pepper
- Coat each slice of eggplant with flour and dip them into the egg mixture until well coated
- On a baking tray with parchment paper, place coated eggplant slices
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until they have turned golden brown
- Remove from oven to cool
- Once they are cool enough to touch, roll them into sticks
- Serve and enjoy immediately!
Find more nutritious and kids friendly recipes here!