Do you know the joy of Christmas is beyond tangible present?
This season, set aside time and “gift” a feast for your loved ones!
No idea where to start? Don’t worry, Giant Santa is here to “gift” you yummy recipe that’s suitable for all races!
Sambal Shakshuka with Feta & Mozzarella
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 40g brown onion, finely diced
- 50g red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 50g white/brown button mushroom, thinly
- 1 can (390g) plum tomatoes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp sambal chilli (extra for garnish)
- 1.5 tsp dried herbs
- 20g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1-2 pcs (30-60g) chicken ham, sliced
- 2 whole eggs
- Cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Salt and pepper to season/taste
- Preheat oven to 190ºC
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-low heat
- Add onion and bell pepper, cook until softened. Add garlic and cook until tender
- Stir in cumin, cayenne, paprika, mixed herbs and sambal chilli
- Pour tomatoes and ham, season with salt and pepper. Allow to simmer for about 10 minutes then stir in crumbled feta
- Gently crack eggs into skillet over tomatoes. Season with salt, pepper and top with mozzarella cheese
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake until eggs are just set, about 5-7 minutes
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and more sambal as desired
*Tada* Just 45 minutes and you’re ready to serve this yummy dish for 4 pax!
Find other Christmas related recipes here!