Do you know the joy of Christmas is beyond tangible present?
This season, set aside time and “gift” a healthy meal for your loved ones!
No idea where to start? Don’t worry, Giant Santa works together with Health Nutritionist to “gift” you yummy recipe that’s suitable for all ages!
Creamy Cashew Roasted Pumpkin Soup with Kale Chips
- 450g pumpkin, cut into large cubes
- 400g vegetable/chicken broth
- 250g water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 80g brown onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 95g roasted cashews (extra for garnish)
- 15g kale, cut into 5cm slices
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to season/taste
- Preheat oven to 180ºC
- In a mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, garlic, 1 tsp olive oil, curry power, salt, pepper and mix well
- In a separate bowl, combine kale, sesame oil and mix well
- Place the pumpkin and kale on a baking tray lined with parchment paper
- Place tray in the oven – roast pumpkin for about half an hour, and kale for about 8-10 minutes then remove and set aside
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add 1 tsp olive oil and stir fry onion until softened
- Add turmeric, cumin, coriander, paprika and mixed herbs
- Continue to cook while pouring in the stock and water. Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes then remove from heat
- In a blender, add cooled pumpkin, cashews and stock mixture
- Purée the soup mixture until smooth
- Pour into bowls and top with more cashews and kale chips
*Tada* Just 50 minutes and you’re ready to serve this healthy appetizer for 4 pax!
Find other Christmas related recipes here!