Do you know the joy of Christmas is beyond tangible present?
This season, set aside time and “gift” a feast for your loved ones!
Don’t have much time to prepare? Don’t worry, Giant Santa is here to “gift” you quick and yummy recipe!
Blueberry Balsamic Glazed Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
- 2 pcs (~300g) chicken thigh
- 1.5 tsp olive oil
- 130g blueberries, washed
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 10g shallot, minced
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 140g broccoli, cut into smaller pieces
- 100g baby carrots, cut into smaller pieces
- 5 mint leaves
- Salt and pepper to season/taste
- Preheat oven to 180ºC
- In a plate, season chicken with 1/2 tsp of oil, salt and pepper
- Heat pan with 1 tsp of oil over medium heat, add rosemary and garlic to release the flavours and aroma
- Place and sear chicken breast until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side
- Remove chicken, rosemary and garlic into a baking dish with the broccoli and carrots, then set aside
- In the same pan, stir-fry shallots and cook until soft and lightly caramelized
- Add blueberries and cook for 1 minutes
- Stir in vinegar, honey and season with salt and pepper
- Simmer for about 10 minutes or until blueberries have collapsed
- Pour blueberry balsamic mixture over chicken and vegetables, bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through
*Tada* Just like that and you’re ready to serve this yummy dish for 2 pax! (No time to cook at all? Don’t worry, preparing Christmas meals just got easier with the Cold Storage Fresh Order Programme. Click here to find out more)
Find other Christmas related recipes here!