1. Collection and use of personal data
1.1 We will only use or disclose your personal data with your consent or as authorized by applicable laws and regulations. The personal data collected may include:
- NRIC/ Passport Number
- Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Email Address
- Telephone/ Mobile Number
- PAssion Card Number
1.2 We collect personal data directly from you or from your authorized representatives through this website in the following ways:
- When you submit the online subscription form to subscribe to our mailing list (Giant Super Savers Club)
- When you modify your subscription preferences for our mailing list (Giant Super Savers Club)
- When you submit the online contact form to give a feedback or request
- When you submit an online form to participate in a lucky draw or contest
1.3 With your consent, we may collect, use and disclose your personal data for the purpose of contacting you via voice call, text message or electric mail at the telephone number or email address submitted through our online forms for any or all of the purposes specified below:
- Deliver marketing or promotional materials relating to our products, services, promotions, contests, events and loyalty programmes (and other information which you have requested)
- Inform you of updates to this website
- Provide information or services relating to our products, promotions or offers
- Conduct market surveys, research or data mining to enable us to understand consumer preferences and demographics to develop special promotions and marketing programmes in relation to our products and services
- Investigate or respond to a query or feedback submitted via the online contact form
- Contact a lucky draw or contest winner
1.5 Insufficient or incorrect personal data provided to us by you may result in delays or failure in providing the products or services information requested by you.
2. Confidentiality of personal data
2.2 Any questions, comments, suggestions or information (other than personal data) sent or posted to this website by customers or visitors will be deemed voluntarily provided to us on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. We may use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast or post elsewhere such information in connection with the development, manufacture and marketing of products or services, to meet the needs of our customers or visitors or for any other purpose.
2.3 We will only disclose your personal data without notice to you if required to do so by law, or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with legal process, or under compulsion of an order of court or governmental agency served on us or Cold Storage Singapore (1983) Pte Ltd
- Protect our rights, property or safety or that of Cold Storage Singapore (1983) Pte Ltd, its employees, customers, visitors or others
3. Information collected by cookies
3.1 Our website may pass a “cookie” (a string of information that is sent by a website to reside in your computer’s hard drive and/or temporarily in your computer’s memory). The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a particular page, to retain log-in information or to remember preferences and enhance your experience on our website. We may allow third parties to set cookies through our website in order to help us manage and analyze the performance of our website. You may set your browser to decline cookies. If you do so, you may not be able to fully experience some interactive features of our website.
4. Collection of computer data
4.1 When you visit this website, our company servers automatically records information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This information may include:
- Your computer’s IP address
- Browser type
- Websites visited before our website
- Pages visited within our website (including time spent on those pages)
- Other items and information searched for on our website, access times and dates etc
4.2 This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve this website, and the services and products we provide. This information will not be used in association with any personal data.
5. Access request; Withdrawal of consent; Updating of personal data
5.1 You may withdraw consent from receiving marketing SMS-es by following the instructions provided in the SMS to unsubscribe.
5.2 You may withdraw consent from receiving marketing emails by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email.
5.3 You may update or correct your personal data by clicking the manage subscription link in the email.
5.4 You may also contact us via email (GTDPO@giant.com.sg) or by telephone (1800 891 8100) to (a) request for access to your personal data, (b) withdraw your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal data, or (c) terminate your mailing list subscription with us.
5.5 Requests to withdraw your consent to use or disclose your personal data may result in delays or failure in providing the products or services information requested by you.
6. Security of personal data
6.1 Personal data collected by us will be (a) safely and securely stored, and (b) disposed when no longer needed by us for business or legal purposes.
8. Contact Us
8.1 If you have any questions about our data protection policy or practices, you may contact our Data Protection Officer via email (GTDPO@giant.com.sg) or by telephone (1800 891 8100).