Learn to make these 2 quick and easy recipes, featuring crispy moon cake and pumpkin mochi moon cake!
Crispy Moon Cake
- Water Dough
- Plain Flour 400g
- Water 100 ml
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Butter 90g
- Fine sugar 20g
- White Vinegar 1 tsp
- Oil Dough
- Plain Flour 200g
- Butter 150g
- Food Colour (optional)
- Yam Paste Filling
- Salted Egg
- Water Dough:
- Rub butter into flour, sugar and salt until fully incorporated.
- Add water and vinegar and slowly knead into a soft dough. Continue adding water or flour until preferred consistency.
- Oil Dough: In another bowl, prepare flour and rub butter into flour to form the oil dough. Rest both doughs for 10 minutes.
- Flatten the water dough till it is large enough to wrap the oil dough. Then, wrap the oil dough inside the water dough.
- Flatten the combined dough into a long rectangle and roll it into a “Swiss Roll”. Slice into desired size and flatten into a disc to form the mooncake skin.
- Wrap the salted egg yolk with yam paste. Then, wrap the yam filling with mooncake skin.
- Heat up oil and deep fry the mooncakes until they turn golden brown. Otherwise, baking them in the oven may be a healthier choice too.
|Yam Paste Filling|
Pumpkin Mochi Moon Cake
- Raw skinless pumpkin 50g
- Glutinous rice flour 40g
- Tapioca flour 5g
- Icing sugar 5g
- Snow Skin Mooncake Premix
- Yam Paste Filling
- Cut the pumpkins into cubes and steam them for 20-30 minutes.
- Mash the pumpkins up with other ingredients, mixing them well until a dough is formed.
- Separate the dough into yolk-sized balls, then steam the pumpkin balls for 15 minutes to achieve the mochi.
- Once done, lightly coat mochis with oil and let them rest.
- Mix well with snow skin mooncake premix. Wrap yam filing around the mochi and finally, wrap the snow skin around the yam filing.
|Raw skinless pumpkin||$0.08|
|Glutinous rice flour||$0.20|
|Snow Skin Moon cake Premix||$3.70|
|Yam Paste Filling||$9.25|
Looking for more Cooking Recipes?