Does your kids love candy but you cannot find a good reason to give them one? Guess what? Candy can be healthy and quick to make too! Making your own candy is not difficult with simple ingredients such as lemon and honey.
Loretta Lemon approves!
Lemon Honey Candy Drops
- 1 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp sugar
- In a pot over medium heat, mix together lemon juice and sugar
- When the mixture starts to boil, reduce heat and stir in honey gradually
- Caramelise mixture, stirring continuously until it has reached the hard crack (146°C-155°C/295°F-310°F) stage on a candy thermometer
- Spoon mixture into silicon mould and allow the candy to harden completely before un-moudling
- Enjoy the candy drops with friends and family!
Find more nutritious and kids friendly recipes here!