Tomatoes, one of the most hated food by children all around the world! This baked stuffed tomato promises to make a tomato lover out of your kid! Tomatoes contains lycopene that is available when cooked! Stuffed with lean meat and baked in the oven, enjoy this easy and fuss free combination!
Tommy tomato approves!
Baked Stuffed Tomato
- 2 big tomato
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 120g minced chicken
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 stalk spring onion
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180ºC
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato
- Scoop out pulp into a bowl
- Place tomato shells on a tray with parchment paper and set aside
- In another bowl, marinate chicken with sesame oil, garlic, spring onion and herbs.
Season with salt and pepper
- In a pan over medium heat, add oil and stir fry chicken until almost cooked
- Remove from heat and scoop chicken into the tomato shells
- Top with cheese and bake for 8 minutes
- Serve and enjoy warm!
Find more nutritious and kids friendly recipes here!