This recipe balances nutrition with indulgence by pan frying healthy ingredients! Broccoli and sweet potatoes contain both vitamins A and K, which improves skin and bones. Endorsed by a kid nutritionist, this snack helps young parents inculcate vegetables in their children’s’ diets!
Barbara Broccoli approves!
Broccoli with Sweet Potato Pancakes
- 1 cup steamed sweet potato, mashed
- 1 cup steamed broccoli, cut into smaller pieces
- 1 tbsp shredded cheese
- 1 tsp unsalted margarine
- In a mixing bowl, mix parmesan cheese, broccoli and sweet potato together until well combined
- Take a tablespoon of mixture and roll in into a ball then flatten it out using your palm
- Repeat for the remaining mixture until all have been moulded
- In a non-stick pan over medium heat, melt margarine
- Place moulded pancakes in pan and pan fry both sides until browned
- Serve and enjoy warm!
Find more nutritious and kids friendly recipes here!