Cauliflower may taste bland on its own but adding proteins such as chickpeas together in the cauliflower blend can be an excellent source of protein, vitamins B and Cs, as well as potassium!
Carol Cauliflower approves!
- 420g cauliflower, broken into florets
- 150g chickpeas, cooked
- Tahini (1/2 toasted sesame seeds and 1 tbsp sunflower oil)
- 3 whole garlic cloves, skin on
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 tbsp water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180ºC
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cauliflower florets and garlic cloves witholive oil and paprika. Season with salt and pepper and mix well
- On a tray with parchment paper, lay florets and garlic
- Roast for 15-20 minutes, remove garlic from the oven. Remove skin and set aside
- Continue to roast cauliflower for another 15 minutes
- To make tahini, blend sesame seeds and sunflower oil to form a smooth paste
- In a bigger blender, add roasted cauliflower, garlic, tahini, chickpeas, lemon juice, water and cumin
- Blend until a smooth paste is formed
- Enjoy as a dip with roasted cauliflower or corn chips!
Find more nutritious and kids friendly recipes here!